Established on December 8, 1992, Taiwan Development Institute (TDI) is one of the most renown Think Thank in Asia, whose mission is to bring the best scholars, experts, and especial research teams under one roof.
The synergy generated from this union provides valuable services to our society and contributes to the continued growth/development of our beloved Taiwan and her surroundings. Hence leading to a more satisfying life for the whole human beings.
Taiwan Development Institute is a high-level academic research organization, equipped with research/planning, consultancy and education/training capabilities. Our clients include foreign and domestic government offices, civil organizations, social groups and the general public.
The TDI's Board of Directors proposed the following motto for our guidelines:
The establishment of the Taiwan Development Insitute (TDI), an NPO, was based on appropriate laws and approved by the Ministry of Education. TDI's mission is to provide research, planning/design, evaluation, managemenet and promotion-related services and consultancy in the following fields:
- Public policies and administrative initiatives.
- Urban and township design and renewal.
- Cultural and agricultural development.
- Transportation and public safety/order maintenance.
- Building, landscaping, regional development and tourism.
- Quality of life, social welfare, family happiness and environmental protection.
- Knowledge economics, business development, women and worker protection.
- Ecological protection, environmental beautification, energy preservation and land development/usage.
- Intellectual property of information technology, biotechnology, nanobio materials and medicine.
- Education (civic, children, vocational, language, music) and eduction renovation.
- Business management, industrial safety/health and vocational training/promotion.
- Country/Rural and aboriginal cultures studies.
- Religious/Humanities research, artistic enrichment and technology of traditional medicine.
- Local autonomy and community development.
- International and Mainland China cooperation and exchanges.
- Training, testing and certification of various professionals employed in the aforementioned industries.